Steamworks Island is an island of machinery wherein there’s a lot of puzzle to accomplish without the help of poptropica people because they are missing and that’s the mystery we are going to solve. With these easy guidelines, sure you can complete this island in less time. So gear up for this steamy machines adventure!
Collecting your stuff:
- Go to the right and click the robot on the middle of the Clockwork Cantina. You’ll go on a gear puzzle and you need to solve it by locating the 5 gears on the left to the right side. Put the large one on each side of the yellow gears and put the three small gears on the middle.
- Turn the crank and you’ll be outside of the clock. Pick up the Multi-tool that pops up on the ground.
- Move a bit on right and jump on the garbage bin to get your Steam battery.
- Walk to the right again and enter the Steamworks Center and Museum. Move to the right and click the blue lever of the crane to move its arm. Jump on the platforms afterwards to the left then to upper right-corner to get the Dirty beaker on the display case in top right. Leave the museum.
- Return to Clockwork Cantina, jump over the garbage bin you’ll see a blue lever on top right which you’ll need to click. When a mechanical ramp extends, go upward and jump onto the steam channels to fly up to reach the topmost of tower. When you reach the glass dome which is bolted down, use your multi-tool. Open it and go down.
- You’ll get inside Mayor Crumb’s office. Click on the painting and go to the right to see the desk with a typewriter and books. Check it out to give you an important number to remember: 0516. Go to the left and jump on the ladder to exit the office. Jump back down to the main street and go to the left.
- Go all the way to the left. Pass by on Sully’s shop and go down to reach the blue building. Jump on the platform to turn the gear and go to the left. Jump again on the blue platforms and go upward. You’ll meet a robot crab. Jump up and make sure to land on top of him. It must bounce and flip over so that you can get Sully’s key that will drop on it. Pick up the key and the robot crab after.
- Go to the left for the next building. Jump again on the steam channel to move up. You’ll be on roof top wherein you’ll find an old vine.
- Return to Sully’s Steam Powered Paraphernalia store’s front door. Beside the door is a steam terminal which you need to open using your steam battery.
- You’ll get a tricky puzzle where you have to regulate the steam pressure in the terminal. The starting pressure is 10 and the ending pressure must be 5. You need to adjust the valves so that pressure will lose 5 points and to complete this puzzle. Click on the wheel right after.
Sully’s Steam Powered Paraphernalia store
- Get inside Sully’s store. Go to the right, you’ll see another robot named Sprocket. Ring the bell on the desk. When he wakes up go to the left and get the rubber mallet on the various junk box.
- When you leave the store, Sprocket will continuously follow you. Just click on him to ask questions later. Go back to the Main street then go to the right until you reach your next location, The Hub.
- When you arrive in the Hub, run down on the ramp until you see the metal hatch that glows.
- You need to get robot crab and hand over this to your sidekick robot. Sprocket will drop robot crab on this hatch. The water will cool the cover which can make you open the door now and go inside.
- Go down the hatch. Run on the left corner and move downwards, then to the right till you encounter a plant monster.
- To defeat this monster, use your old vine under the sign, Caution: Hot Steam. This will spray steam onto the monster. Move along to the bottom left till you see the elevator sign. Click on the round hatch above.
- Again, you’ll need to solve another game which is the ball tilt maze game. Keep spinning the wheel with your cursor to shoot the ball on the center hole. You must complete it three times, afterwards the elevator will power up.
- Leave this place and return to the street. Walk a bit to the right and jump on the spring. After three jumps, you’ll be landed on the blue lever. Click this lever to make the giant Hub wheel move.
- Go back down onto the street and go to the left. Jump up and grab the vines and climb up to a platform. Wait for the moving platform on the Hub wheel to come around and then jump onto it. Then jump off in the upper right corner for the yellow pipe .Walk to the right and use the steam valve to jump up and to the left. Continue moving until you get to the elevator entrance to the Captain Zigg’s Cabin. Then go inside.
- When you enter the place, plant vines will capture Sprocket. Go down and click on the metal window shutters to snap the vines to let go of him. When you free him, he’ll say Thank you. Now you can talk to him and will help you on this quest all along.
- Run to the right, you’ll see platforms moving upward. Jump on to these to get up to a painting which is a copy of the other one on Mayor’s office.
- Click on the dial at the bottom of the picture which is the combination lock. Use the number you’ve got previously: 0516. Just click first the triangle on the innermost ring to make the wheel spin. Click it again when it’s pointing to the correct number.
- After hitting the right combination, a secret passage will open. Go inside and you’ll be in Captain Zigg’s room. Run to the left and pick up the bridge key on the floor and jump up to get the Weed Whacker tangled on a vine. Then use the door in the right corner to exit.
- Go down and to the right and jump off the patio to return to the Hub Zone. Go all the way to the right till you reach the Steam Terminal. Use the steam battery and solve another puzzle. Compare to first one you need a total change of +6 (10 going to 16).When you’re done the bridge will lower for you to run across.
- Go to the right, when you see a spring, jump over it to get up to the platform with the control panel. You need to move all three levers down then hit the green button. The huge meteor like ball will drop and hit the floor. It will create a hole then.
- Go down inside the hole. Move to the right till you get on a mechanical room. You need to push down the six red pads, three pads on each side. Then you’ll need to hold down the two red levers near the machine at the same time. Sprocket will help you hold down the other one.
- The machine will turn on and the moving platforms above will start turning. Just use this to get up to the top of the room. You need to click a lever on the top left wall to make another platform moves up and down. . Then jump up to the right and use the platforms and vines to get to a moving conveyer belt. You’ll need to avoid blobs (balloon like) that drop off from a monster plant.
- Continue moving left using the vines till you see the Mech Steam Motor, one of the two parts you’ll need to repair the Mech in Sully’s store garage. Climb up on the vine up to the Greenhouse.
- Go to the left and jump on the platform till you get on mixing Herbicide area. Check out the Herbicide chart on the wall. Go to the left till you see the three beakers above, get your dirty beaker then fill it up with three parts blue, two parts green and four parts red. Now you have your Herbicide Mixture.
- Go to the right and then up to the platform above. You’ll encounter another plant monster, use your herbicide mixture to make it shrink and disappear. Enter the maintenance closet.
- You’ll see a sleeping custodian robot. Take the Living Quarters Access key from him. He’ll wake up then an alarm system will turn on.
- Return to the maintenance closet and then climb up on the vines. Move to the left and you’ll see a glass dome with white cracks. Get your rubber mallet and smash the glass to create a hole for you to escape.
- Go down and go all the ways to the left till you get on Gear Alley again which is after Sully’s shop.
Gear Alley Redux
- Go to the blue living quarters building again and jump on the right platform of the lever to raise the other one on the left.
- Jump on the platforms on left side, and then move upward till you reach the doorway with a steam terminal. Use your steam battery and finish the puzzle again. Adjust the steam valves to get -3 total change points from 10 down to 7. The door will open. Go inside.
- Run to the left and click on the blue lever to make the platform move. Use it to get up to upper level and continue moving up. Jump over the blue button on the floor to make the ladder rise. Quickly jump up on the ladder, and then go to the top left till you get to another’s room which is Zack’s room. Go inside.
- Go up to the left corner and click on the wall, a next puzzle will appear for you to solve. Click the squares to reveal the pipes and swap them to create a path for the steam. It must safely go down on the bottom right corner. You’re done when you get through on the three levels.
- Go up using the ladder on the right then go left and exit to the door.
- Cross the vine all the way to the left and you’ll see the Mech Crank which completes the piece you need for Mech’s repair on Sully’s garage.
- Jump down to the street and go back to Sully’s shop garage.
Sully’s shop Garage
- Go to the left and jump on the Mech, get your Mech crank and Steam motor to repair it. You’ll also get a teleporter device that you can use to instantly travel back to the Mech from anywhere you go on Steamworks.
- Walking in the Mech, leave the garage and go to the left. You’ll get to a door covered with enormous vines; use your Weed whacker attached to the Mech to smash all vines (use the spacebar for smashing). Go inside when the door is cleared.
- Inside the storage area, use space bar again to smash all plant monsters that will attack you. You need to go to the left, jump on the plant monster and move up get on a platform wherein you see the POWER source for your Mech. Exit the Mech and power up one of the lifts, go back . Ride on the next platform that will rise.
- Continue to go upward, killing all plant monsters until you get rid of the last one. Go through the doorway to the next zone.
- Go down to the ramp to the left and you’ll see a giant windmill blocking the doorway with its blades. Go way up of the blades, Sprocket will offer help to unlock the door.
- You’ll need to exit the Mech and jump on the blades as they spin to go up. Jump on the platform above with the brown gear. Use your multi-tool to stop the blades. Sprocket will open the door.
- Get back in the Mech and go through the doorway.
- The room is dark so you need to use the multi-tool on the machine you’ll see to spin it, and that will lighten up the whole room.
- Zack will appear from a hibernation chamber and he and Sprocket will be reunited.
- The mayor will appear as well and will tell you the whole story and secrets of what happened on all citizens of Steamworks Island.
- It is not done yet for you will hear bumps from below. You need to get to the center of the plant—The Brain, for you to free and saved them all.
- Go to the right using the platforms to grab the Toxic Blaster. Attach it to your Mech.
- Take the elevator down to get to the tunnel system.
- Move through the room and fire the toxic on all small plant monsters that attacks you. (Aim with the mouse and use space bar to shoot). Kill all plant monsters.
- You’ve end up on the platform that looks like a bolt screw on the left bottom corner; this will spin and will raise you up. Jump on the next platform
- You need to wait for a moving platform on the right for you to ride across leading you on the doorway for your final combat.
- There are three huge monsters you need to defeat. It is now tougher because acid starts to fill the room from below. So you better hurry up. You lose if you touch the acid making you to start over again. You need to go up using the moving platforms to reach them. First monster shoots its head to you. The second and third monsters hurl pods and bombs. To kill these three you need to get closer to them and fire them repeatedly, causing a splat. You need to splat them three times but make sure to dodge its head that shoots towards you and avoid as well the pods and bombs.
- After defeating the last plant monster, you’ll reappear next to the mayor. She’ll thank you and will give you the Island medallion.
Island Mission Accomplish!!!!