Vampire’s Curse Island was the 25th island released in Poptropica. It was announced on February 7 2012 on the official creator’s blog, and the official release in early access was on March 1 2012. Only paid members could play the complete quest in early access, but all players could enjoy a short demo of the island.
Vampire’s Curse Island Walkthrough
Here is the complete step-by-step walkthrough of Poptropica Vampire’s Curse Island. The video walkthrough is first, courtesy of PoptropicaSecrets.com. The written walkthrough is below.
The Beginning of Vampire’s Curse Island
- Once you arrive by blimp, there’s a woman crying. Talk to her and she’ll let you know that her daughter is missing. This will start your quest and you’ll see a message telling you that two teenagers have been kidnapped by the vampire Count Bram. You need to go to the castle to find them.
- Go all the way to the right and to the next area.
- Christopher (the boyfriend) is here, sitting on the rocks. He explains that Katya was taken away by Count Bram. He’s not interested in helping with the rescue and runs back to town to meet other cute girls.
- Jump up onto the rocks. A werewolf appears and runs you down.
- Go to the tree with a hole in it and click it to hide inside the tree trunk.
- When the werewolf returns, click on the branch to the left to make it knock the werewolf out.
- Click on the tree trunk again to come back outside.
- Go to the right and head up the steps. Jump through the vines/ropes hanging down from the bridge up above.
- You’ll get to a tree branch and another werewolf will appear and knock you down. You will both fall.
- When you land on the ground below, you get a new item in your backpack. It’s a log.
- Go back again up the stairs and through the ropes. You’ll get to the top left corner of this zone.
- Another werewolf comes running past and then runs off to the right. He stops on the rope bridge and guards it, stopping you from passing.
- All you need to do, though, is click on the bridge to cut the ropes. The werewolf and you both fall down, but you can then use the rope bridge as a ladder and head up the cliff.
- Walk to the right to enter the next zone.
Outside the Castle of Count Bram
- There’s a graveyard here. Walk past the gravestones until you see the big one with a doorway. This is the masoleum. Go inside.
- Grab the teen vampire novel and the crowbar from inside the tomb and then head back outside.
- Go to the right until you get to a gargoyle statue next to a large hole in the ground. To the left is a drainpipe attached to a small building.
- Click on the drainpipe to break it off and then carry it to the statue. Click again to drop it.
- Now jump onto the red handle. This is a pump that makes the gargoyle statue spit water out. The water will land in the drainpipe and then flow into the ditch, filling it completely.
- Swim across the ditch to the right and then walk through the stone archway to get to the next zone.
- Now you’ll see a bunch of large boulders on the ground. There are three. Push the first one on top of one of the holes in the ground where water is coming out. This blocks the hole and makes the water go higher from the other three holes.
- Use the crowbar to pry the next rock free and then push it onto one of the other holes. The water pressure builds in the two open holes and it shoots even higher.
- Jump up to the right and walk on the platform until you find the third boulder. Push it down and then push it over the third hole. Now the water is shooting really high!
- Jump into the water spout and let it carry you up to the window ledge above. Then go inside the window.
Inside the Castle
- It’s really dark here but there’s a fireplace with embers still burning. Put the log and the teen vampire novel from your backpack on the fire to get it burning again.
- Find the ladder and push it so that it’s in front of the bookcase on the left.
- Take one of the pink candles and light it with the fireplace.
- Climb up the ladder, walk to the left and jump up to the platform above and to the left. Jump again onto the small platform and then up and to the right onto the chandelier. The candle will light the chandelier and then melt.
- Go back down and get another candle. This time, don’t light it in the fireplace. Go back to the first chandelier and it will light while you’re standing on it.
- Now jump up and to the right to get to the second chandelier. Light it with the candle.
- Repeat this for the remaining two chandeliers. When all four have been lit, the room lights up completely and you can see everything.
- Go back to the bookshelf on the left. On the floor is a small green item. Walk over it to pick it up. It’s a glass eye!
- Climb up the ladder and go to the top of the bookshelf. There’s a tiger head here. Put the glass eye into the empty eye socket. The tiger’s mouth opens, revealing a key. Take the key, which will open the door to the next room.
- Jump down and go to the left to the door. Use the key to unlock it and you’ll be inside the armory.
- Walk/jump to the left and get the crossbow. Then walk over to the cannon. Pick up a cannonball from the ground and click on the cannon to load it.
- Go back into the library and get another candle. Light it in the fireplace.
- Run over to the cannon and light the end of it. It will shoot the cannonball out the window and the force of the shot makes the cannon flip around and point the other way.
- Load the second cannonball into the cannon. Run back to the fireplace and get another candle and light it.
- Return to the cannon and light it again. This time, the cannonball shoots out to the right and rolls into the library room.
- Load the third cannonball into the cannon, which is now pointing straight up.
- Head back to the library and push the cannonball in front of the fire. It will heat up and start glowing red.
- Click on the poker next to the fireplace. Use the poker to push the cannonball into the open dumbwaiter to the left of the fireplace.
- Get one more lit candle. Light the cannon and it will shoot a cannonball straight up through the roof.
- Jump up on the cannon and then into the room above, where you’ll find a bucket. Put it in your backpack.
- Go back down and into the library. Run to the right to the door with chains on it. Use the crowbar to break the chains and open the door.
- Go outside and then use the bucket while standing next to the stream of water to fill the bucket up.
- Next head all the way back to the armory and jump up on to the top of the cannon.
- Equip your crossbow and point it up to the wall on your left. Using the space bar, shoot repeatedly to create a ladder of arrows going up and down the wall.
- Quickly jump up from arrow to arrow until you reach the small room at the very top.
- Use the crowbar to open the boarded window and then use the filled bucket of water on the plant. It will grow huge very quickly and bust out of the window and over the side of the castle.
- Go outside the window and head up the steps to the right. When you reach the outside of the tower, jump up on the leaves of the plant.
- Go into the tower window and you’ll be inside Count Bram’s Laboratory.
- Walk to the right and click on the dumbwaiter. The cannonball you put inside earlier will roll out and stop at the bottom of the flask of wolfsbane. It will heat it up and wilt it.
- Click on the wolfsbane to put it in your backpack. Next, get the notebook on the desk and jump up onto the shelves to get the garlic.
- Go out of the laboratory through the wooden door and cross the top of the castle wall to the next tower.
- You’re now inside the count’s chamber. Jump onto the top of the coffin and next jump up to the left. Jump up to the right to land on the cage that’s hanging. Katya is locked inside. Talk to her and she’ll tell you what has happened. She’ll also tell you to find a book in the library to help you get the third ingredient for the serum. Leave for now to the right, falling all the way to the ground outside. Go back into the library through the door.
- Push the ladder over to the bookshelf on the right side. Climb up and grab the book titled, Root Causes. Inside, it has a picture of where to find the mandrake root.
- Go outside and proceed through the stone arch to the castle grounds.
- Walk to the right and you’ll see a wooden wall. Use the crossbow again to shoot arrows into it and jump up them until you get to a stone ledge above you. Here is the mandrake root.
- Go all the way back to the laboratory and then click on the microscope.
- Use the eyedropper to mix the ingredients and then put them on the cells. The correct ratio is one drop mandrake, three drops wolfsbane, and three drops garlic extract.
- You’ll get a new item in your backpack: an anti-vampirism serum syringe. Go out the door and return to Bram’s chamber.
- Walk to the right and you’ll see a small gate. Click on the sparkling rod in the umbrella bucket. Use it to hook the key inside the gate.
- Jump back up to the suspended cage and use the key to unlock it and free Katya.
- Count Bram will return to the chamber and Katya leads you on a desperate escape.
- Follow Katya and use the garlic to keep Count Bram away from you. When you get to the top, Katya will give you back the syringe of serum.
- Aim your crossbow at Bram and shoot him with the serum. He will knock you down inside the library.
- Count Bram turns back into a human and thanks you for saving him. He then disappears into dust and rejoins his long-lost love, Annabelle, in the portrait above.
- Katya’s boyfriend Christopher bursts into the room claiming he’s here to save Katya. They kiss.
- You pick up the island medallion from the ground, where Count Bram’s cape is. You beat Vampire’s Curse island!
The official info page for the island says this as the description…
For centuries, a truce has existed between the people of a remote mountain village, and the vampire who lives in the castle high above. Now, that truce is shattered, and Count Bram has captured a young villager. Can you rescue her from his evil clutches — and avoid being struck by the vampire’s curse?
With new islands, the Poptropica Creators have been releasing special bonus items to paid members ahead of the island release. This started with S.O.S. Island and continues with Vampire’s Curse. The items that paid members can get are:
- Vampire Count and Countess outfits
- Garlic Breath Power
- Vampire Bat Gum